How to Select the Right Poly Bag Sealer
Sealers just as their name suggests are efficient machines that greatly ease the sealing of different packaging materials. There are different kinds of poly bag sealers which you can choose from in the market.
Custom poly bags have become a favorite packaging option for many retailers who enjoy the flexibility of using these versatile packaging materials. Depending on the product you want to be packaged, the dimensions of the bag can be pre-tailored to provide a perfect fit. An extra touch of style is in the attractiveness of poly bags which shoppers find quite enticing instantly giving you a competitive advantage. Poly bags can also be used as an excellent market tool through custom printing to include among others company logo and contact information on it.
Acquiring poly bags does not, however, complete your packaging process as they require sealers for perfect sealing. There are lots of sealers that are currently on the market and depending on your day to day needs you can choose the most suitable poly bag sealer. The primary factor that determines the kind of sealer that will meet your needs is the projected output. A daily demand of sealing a maximum of 100 products is considered as a low output, which is followed by a medium output of at least 500 products, and finally, a high output which is over 750 products.
The most popular poly bag sealers
1. Handheld impulse sealer. This is the most common sealing machine among retailers given its portability and ease of use. These sealers have a similar look to staplers and have a straightforward working mechanism. Handheld impulse sealing machines are available in two varieties namely round wire and flat wire sealers. The primary difference between these two sealers is the presence of a cutter in the flat wire sealer that allows it to seal and cut in a single motion.
2. The portable impulse hand sealer. Unlike its small-sized counterparts, the portable impulse hand sealer is larger but made of a lightweight structure complete with a handle for ease in carrying it. It is an automated machine containing a sealing timer greatly simplifying its use. It is suitable for medium output applications.
3. Manual double impulse sealer. This hand operated sealer provides top and bottom sealing with tabletop ease. It contains dual heating elements making it suitable for applications that require more heat which cannot be easily achieved with handheld sealers. It needs 110 volts of electricity to run and is renowned for its robust cast housing. The manual double impulse sealer is suitable for poly bags with a maximum seal length of 12 inches and a width of either 5mm or 10mm.
4. I-Bar system. This machine has one heated side that is used to seal off poly bags and is considered an all-in-one system as it comes complete with all packaging requirements. It comes with a heat gun, round wire sealer, and a film rack & separator.
5. L-Bar sealer. This poly bag sealer, unlike the I-Bar sealer, makes two seals both on the length and width at a go. It comes inclusive of a timer, bar sealer, and a film dispenser rack and is primarily used for smaller products.